1.1 LRI with its registered office at c/o Simmons & Simmons, CityPoint, One Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9SS collect and use certain Personal Data. LRI is responsible for ensuring that it uses that Personal Data in compliance with data protection laws.
“LRI”, “we” or “us” means LRI or its representatives or service providers that we work with in order to carry out our activities.
“Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of LRI (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of LRI or any other person in respect of an individual.
“Legal Database” means the collection of legal advice papers published online at http://legalresponseinitiative.org/legal-assistance or http://legalresponse.org/legal-assistance.
“Climate Legislation Advice Portal” means the responsive advisory service operated by LRI and UN Environment, available at https://portal.legalresponse.org.
2. THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- Information we receive through our websites legalresponseinitiative.org and legalresponse.org; and
- Information we receive through the climate legislation advice portal (CLAP).
3. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Legal Database: We do not collect any personally identifying information about you in connection with the legal database. We do invite visitors to describe the type of organisation that they work for, which we collect in order to understand the composition of our audience, and we track visitors’ use of the website (e.g. which pages a visitor has viewed) including whether they are repeat visitors, but this information cannot personally identify you and you do not have to provide it to access the service.
Climate Legislation Advice Portal: We collect your name, email address, country, organisation, and position in order to perform the services we have been engaged to provide. The LRI legislation advice portal (CLAP) also stores the requests for free legal advice by a specific user and the responses subsequently received as well as the feedback voluntarily provided by users.
Cookies: In addition, when you visit any LRI website, cookies are used to collect technical information about the services that you use, and how you use them. Cookies that we place on your computer are used to help to deliver our services to you and to control access to our websites. We also use services from partners including Google Analytics (to record, in aggregate, information about how many people are visiting the website, where they are visiting from, and how they are using the website), and Printfriendly.com (to enable printing of materials from the website), and these services may also place cookies on your computer.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- Legal Database: Data are stored and used for the purpose of understanding, in aggregate, the composition of our audience and how visitors use our services. We do not collect information that could be used to personally identify or to contact an individual.
- Climate Legislation Advice Portal: Personal information is stored for the purpose of controlling access to the portal, and for tracking who has been using the portal and how they have been using it, for internal reporting purposes and for improving the service. We may contact users of the service for purposes related to the delivery of services to them.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Summary statistics about the usage of the Legal Database service and the composition of our audience will be shared with partners and funders. The climate legislation advice portal is part of a project collaboration of LRI with UN Environment. UN Environment is not involved in the service delivery but can access all stored data for reporting purposes. Other than as described above, we do not share your Personal Data with anyone unless we would be required to do so by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data as part of a criminal investigation.
6. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 We follow appropriate industry standard security practices and keep all systems up to date to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorised employees.
6.2 LRI employees are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection law. Access to sensitive Personal Data is limited to those employees who need to it to perform their roles. Unauthorised use or disclosure of confidential client information by a LRI employee is prohibited and may result in disciplinary measures.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
LRI will hold Personal Data associated with the climate legislation advice portal for as long as that service remains operational. You can request us to erase your Personal Data at any time and we will do so as quickly as possible.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Data, you may have the following rights and, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge. These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time;
- the right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details listed below in 9.
9. DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE
LRI’s registered office may be contacted using the following contact information:
- Address: c/o Simmons & Simmons, CityPoint, One Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9SS
- Email Address: email@example.com
We are usually able to resolve privacy questions or concerns promptly and effectively. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may escalate concerns to the applicable privacy regulator in your jurisdiction.